New Life’s Children’s Ministries
Children’s ministry at New Life is dedicated to providing safe, secure environments where children, from the very earliest ages to fifth grade, can learn about the promises of God in Jesus Christ. The various programs encourage positive social interactions with other children and nurturing relationships with adults who model faithful Christian living. Children’s workers undergo background checks and are approved by the elders of the church for service annually. To learn more about child protection at New Life, click here.
Our desire is to disciple our children in the faith. Our curriculum emphasizes the grace of Jesus Christ for all the needs in our lives. At the same time, we use crafts, games, parties, and extra activities outside the classroom to convey the loving community we long for as children of God.
What programs do we offer?
Sunday mornings nursery care is provided for children 0-2 years old. Our caregivers provide a loving secure environment for our littlest ones in safe, clean rooms.
School of Discipleship
This is for all boys and girls ages 2 to fifth grade. We meet the same time as Adult School of Discipleship. Our current curriculum is The Gospel Project and it teaches through the Old and New Testaments in three years. The children learn that all of God’s word points to Jesus Christ as their Savior.
We provide children’s church during the worship services for children ages 2 years to second grade. Children participate in the beginning of worship with their parents, and are then dismissed to their own classes.
At New Life we welcome all children, including those with special needs and/or disabilities. We realize church can be a challenging environment when families are navigating developmental delays, learning challenges, autism spectrum disorders, anxiety, or severe allergies to name a few. Please contact Beth Anne Lesshafft at bethanne.lesshafft@
Clubs are held on Sunday evenings during the school year for boys and girls, Kindergarten through 5th grade. Parents are invited and encouraged to participate in these programs. Our 2019-20 Kids Clubs will begin in September. Registration is now open – CLICK HERE to register online. CLICK HERE for the Fall Schedule. CLICK HERE for the Winter/Spring Schedule.
Coffee and Kids Playgroup
Twice a month we invite parents/caregivers of babies and pre-schoolers to come and spend a morning for play, coffee/tea and conversation. Our only agenda is to get to know each other better, and to allow children a time to play. A light snack and water is also provided for the children. Coffee & Kids is held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month from 9:30 – 11:00 am in the auditorium.
Registration is now open:
NOTE: Cubs in Motion is full, but CLICK HERE to register for the waitlist.
CLICK HERE to register for Kids in Motion. NOTE: The sports and art camps for Kids in Motion are full, but CLICK HERE to register for the waitlist.
Please email Beth Anne Lesshafft at bethanne.lesshafft@
2020 Daddy/Daughter Dance
Please join us for a memorable evening with your daughter on Sunday, February 9 from 5:45-7:30 pm. You will enjoy a delicious meal together, followed by dancing and a special craft. This dance is intended for girls in K-5th grade and their dad, granddad or special person. It will take place at the church in Room 306. CLICK HERE to register online.
2019-20 New Life Kids Clubs
Please join us on Sunday nights, beginning September 8, for our Kids Clubs program. Children will run around and play games with their friends, enjoy a snack with their small groups, hear a Bible lesson in the large-group setting, and then spend a few minutes talking about the lesson with their small group. Sunday nights are a great opportunity for kids to build relationships with their peers, as well as learn about the most important relationship, our relationship with Jesus Christ. We do encourage dads to participate and especially if they have younger boys. We do understand this is not always an option. Please feel free to email Beth Anne Lesshafft with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK HERE to register online now!
We Take Child Protection Seriously
At New Life, we want to protect some of the most vulnerable people in our community – our children. Here’s what we are committed to doing well:
• Fulfill the PA state law by requiring all paid staff to submit to criminal, child abuse registry and FBI fingerprint checks. Checks are renewed for each staff member every 5 years.
• Fulfill the PA state law by requiring all paid staff to take state mandated training to be aware of child abuse issues and fulfill their mandated reporting duties should there be suspected child abuse.
• Require volunteers in our Sunday School, Children’s Church, Kids Clubs, and Youth groups to have attended New Life six months or more and have an oral interview by a staff member regarding their fitness to serve in the position they are seeking.
• Require approval of all volunteers annually by our Session (board of elders).
• Fulfill the PA state law by requiring children and youth volunteers to submit to criminal and child abuse registry background checks, as well as an FBI fingerprint check if they have not lived in PA for the last 10 consecutive years. Checks are renewed once every 5 years.
• Require all volunteers to take training to be aware of child abuse and fulfill their mandated reporting duties should there be suspected child abuse
• Require all our volunteers to receive and read New Life’s Child Protection Policies and Procedures. We expect them to follow the procedures as outlined there.
• We use a check in system which provides unique sticker codes so that children can only be released to authorized adults from Sunday morning or evening activities.