This Week at New Life
Our purpose is to know Jesus and make Him known.
If you are new, welcome!
Order of Worship
Sunday, March 3, 2024
Call to Worship: 1 Chronicles 16:28-34
Come Thou Fount
Confession: Yet I Sin – The Valley of Vision
Grace Flows Down
Assurance of Forgiveness: Revelation 5:6a, 9-10
King of Kings
Community: Greeting and Announcements
Missions Moment: Resurrection Offering: Whosoever Gospel Mission
Sermon: The Drama Behind the Drama, John 18:28-40
Anthony Gammage, preaching
Ancient of Days
Want to hear the songs before worship? Please click here.
Sunday, March 3, 2024
The Drama Behind the Drama
Text: John 18:28-40
Preacher: Anthony Gammage
- The Drama (28-32)
- The Irony of the Human Heart
- Words of the Lamb
- A True Kingdom (33-40)
- A Son for a Son (38-40)
- Reflecting on the irony highlighted in the passage, how does the tension between our outward actions and inward motivations resonate with your own life? In what ways do we sometimes sacrifice the eternal for the temporal, like the Jews in this narrative?
- Jesus declares that His kingdom is not of this world. How does this understanding shape our perspective on power, authority, and the nature of His reign? In what ways can we actively participate in the establishment of His kingdom in our daily lives, despite the worldly circumstances we may face?
- Jesus asserts that He is the embodiment of truth, challenging Pilate’s understanding of reality. How does this confrontation between Jesus and Pilate prompt us to examine our own relationship with truth? Are we actively aligning ourselves with the truth of Christ, or are we like Pilate, dismissing or avoiding it?
For Whosoever Gospel Mission:
- That the Lord would draw to Himself our men that don’t know Christ as Lord and Savior
- That those who do know Christ would grow in grace and in the fear of the Lord; that they would find in Christ freedom from addictions of all kinds
- That God would provide good jobs for those who are searching for work
- That our men who are ready to graduate would find safe, affordable housing
- For healing and strength for staff dealing with major health issues – especially Bob Emberger, Greg, and Mark
- For our upcoming capital campaign and building project to create parking, expand our thrift shop and replace space we lost in the fire of 2006. This is the next step towards being able to build Hannah’s Place for women and children.
School of Discipleship Information
Sunday, March 3, 2023
10:00 am-11:00 am
- “Creating a Caring Community in a Broken, Anxious World” in Room 306
- “Jeremiah: Faithful Prophet in a Regime Change” in the Auditorium
- Prayer Meeting in Room 101
- Infants and Toddlers please check in at the Children’s Desk down the hallway from the lobby
- Pre-school and Elementary children please check in at the Children’s Desk down the hallway from the lobby
- Jr High Youth meet in Room 307 upstairs
- Sr High Youth meet in Room 102 downstairs