This Week at New Life
Our purpose is to know Jesus and make Him known.
If you are new, welcome!
Order of Worship
Sunday, May 28, 2023
Psalm 34 (O Taste & See)
Greeting and Announcements
Call to Worship: Revelation 5:2-5, 9-10
Is He Worthy?
Prayer of Confession: Proverbs 1:7-9
How He Loves
Assurance of Pardon: 1 Corinthians 27:31
This is Amazing Grace
Sermon: Know Wisdom, Proverbs 1:1-7
Anthony Gammage, preaching
Be Thou My Vision
Sunday, May 28, 2023
Text: Proverbs 1:1-7
Preacher: Anthony Gammage
- What is wisdom?
- What does wisdom look like? (1-6)
- Discipline (2a, 3a)
- Discernment (2b)
- Discretion (3a, 4a)
- Learning (5)
- Where do we get wisdom? (7)
- Anyone can have it…
- …but it has a source
- Christ our wisdom
- Where do you tend to go to find wisdom? How do you evaluate that to be a good source of wisdom?
- When you consider the four facets of wisdom – discipline, discernment, discretion, and learning – which area are you the strongest, and which are you weakest?
- Verse 1:7 tells us that the search for wisdom begins with God. This means in our quest for wisdom, we must first turn our gaze and our inquiry away from the answer we want and toward the God we must seek, who gives wisdom generously to all without finding fault to those who ask. How does your heart respond to that idea? How does this idea impact or change how you seek the wisdom you long for right now?
For Tom and Lisa S
- Pray for focus on knowing God and his son Jesus with the help of the Holy Spirit. We want him to be big in our minds and hearts, not many lesser things.We want to keep growing in his Word and in prayer.
- The coming year we’re in the “home stretch” of full-time employment prior to July 2024. Pray we’d finish this season well.
- Please pray re: this potential relocation to the Atlanta area. While it makes sense for us to be closer to family, I find these transitions to be very difficult at the level of building community. It takes time. Pray for transition mercies, locating a local church, etc. Pray, too, for oneness and wisdom for Lisa and me as we negotiate a lot of “new” in the coming year.
School of Discipleship Information
Sunday, June 4, 2023
9:50 am-10:50 am
- Infants and Toddlers please check in at the Children’s Desk down the hallway from the lobby
- Pre-school and Elementary children please check in at the Children’s Desk down the hallway from the lobby
- Jr High Youth meet in Room 307 upstairs
- Sr High Youth meet in Room 102 downstairs