Worship During COVID-19
A Note About Worship During COVID-19
*UPDATE: We are making some changes to the service. The musical and verbal portions of the service will not be streamed. Instead, we have made the musical and verbal portions available to you so you may lead your household through if you would like to. To facilitate this, click here to view a pdf of the worship order with links to the songs on YouTube so you can still use the previously sent lyrics (click here to view) to sing together. We are assuming it will take about 30 minutes to go through musical and verbal sections. We will stream the sermon to the same links thirty minutes later at 10:30*
Dear New Life,
As you know, we are not holding public worship at our building this Sunday, March 15, or next Sunday, March 22 due to the COVID-19 virus, but we are providing a way to participate in New Life worship online at 10 am on Sunday. We encourage your household to gather together around a screen to participate in a livestream of the service.
We’ve assembled a number of materials to help you participate:
- You can view the Sunday bulletin in its entirety by clicking here.
- Click here to view a pdf of all of the songs we’ll be singing and verbal portions of the service. There will be no PowerPoint slides this week, so please print these out ahead of time to help you participate.
- Since there is no PowerPoint this week it would be helpful if you have a Bible for the sermon. If you don’t have one at home, simply search YouVersion or ESV in the app store and download on your phone for free. We’ll primarily be in Deuteronomy chapter 12.
- You can give to the offering several different ways. You can go to the front page of our website and click on “Give” in the upper right corner. You can also give via our New Life App, through New Life Online, or mail a check to the office.
- For our Resurrection Offering moment, we encourage you to watch the video of Whosoever Gospel Mission’s Christmas Gift Program. The Mission provides a residential program of recovery, training, and spiritual encouragement to homeless men in the city of Philadelphia. You can read more about them here.
All of these resources are available via our New Life App. In addition, downloading the app will help us communicate more directly with you during this crisis period. Text “App” to 215-607-8444. Please also add the carrier name of your cell phone to your profile on New Life Online.
Just to reiterate: New Life is suspending all official gatherings (including Sunday services and all meetings) and asks you to use prudence in your social interactions. For more information, visit http://www.cdc.gov/covid19.
The Staff and Session will be meeting early in the week to consider the way forward during these uncertain times. We will continue to update you as decisions are made.
With trust in the Lord and for His Kingdom,
New Life Session and Staff